Monday, December 24, 2007

Here Comes the Fat Man!

Today didn't feel like christmas eve, today felt like the Vietnam war, fighting off the enemy whilst holding my mate through his final breath...I had planned on spending the day buying presents and getting into the christmas spirit by doing self inspired service projects for the elderly and looking after small children for free. When all of a sudden Mother and Father (Aka the Grinches who attempted to steal Cade, the peoples bloggers christmas) said I had to go to work. As all inspirational stories have it, there are people that try to bring the hero down, in this case, it was the Grinches. I stuck to my guns, and refused work (very noble of me I thought) which caused much tension, and the possibility of no presents. No presents did not bother me, I was going to give them all to various charitys anyway, its the kids that will suffer. Lo and Behold, I wish not to dwell on the events of the past 24 hours. A personal motto of mine is "I smash the bridges behind me, so i have no choice but to look forward". Write that down folks, you can learn much from a 17 year old boy...
Here is a picture of one of the unhappy Grinches.
As the day grew old, the night awoken to the sound of a distant siren. My instincts took over, I leaped to my feet and put on my volunteer firefighter uniform. As the fire engine approached my next thoughts were 'why are there children lining the foot paths?' and 'is that Santa on the fire engine?'. The next few minutes are a blur, i became partially unconscious after being violently struck by some kind of cheap hard boiled lolly thrown by one of Santa's elf's, stupid midget. This was the happiest moments of my life...
Lollies!
I was happier than the children...
Happily Unconscious on the road.
I really enjoy Sushi. Whilst everybody was eating platters and dips of different arrangements, I went about making myself a nice little feed on Tuna, Salmon and Turkey Sushis! I thought its been a hard year for me, why not indulge myself a little.
A christmas tradition for me since the beginning of time has been a little game I like to call 'The Line Game'. I take pride in being the most spoilt, or as I like to put it, the most blessed. My line is usually the longest, in turn I am usually the winner. As you can see, during the 'line off 07', I got off to an ordinary start. Whilst Tommy T jumped out of the blocks early...
It appears that everyone bought me presents and then put them in the washing machine and they then shrunk. Not on guys. I came home strong, but to Oscars credit I couldn't reel him in. He basically ate me for breakfast. Congratulations little O, you were the better kid on the year... Here are a few more happy snaps of the joy the Line Game brings me, imagine if i'd won!

So now I'm kicking back watching the carols on Win, just soaking in the events of this challenging yet fulfilling day. I just saw a 14 year old girl sing, I think i'm in love. But i didnt catch her name. If anyone can help me, please do. I want to search her on youtube. She was on just before Kate Sabrano.
Well i hope my christmas blog has lived upto expectations. I've spent weeks drafting and redrafting, hoping to get the perfect mix and i think I have. As always, comments are what I'm all about, so tell me what you think. I'm a man, i can take it.
Look forward to a massive year of blogging in 2008.
Yours sincerely
Cade (The Peoples Blogger) Triffitt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah I see us anonymous people can now comment, good to see the peoples blogger can take the peoples advice :)

As for this recent blog, it's a ripper, got to hate the grinches, though the fat man with the hard boiled's made up for them.

have a good christmas and I'll be waiting for the next one.

Chrish

Anonymous said...

As a supporter of the grinchesI'd like to say GRINCHES RULE! Aren't we told to honour and obey?

The Kings said...

ha ha ha ha Thanks for the laugh again Cade. You crack me up. That 14 year old girl was pretty cute last night and she could sing too! Didn't catch her name sorry.

Carli said...

This post was remarkable - the one we had all been waiting for. Thank you, the people's blogger for sharing your Christmas joys.

Anonymous said...

nice blog cade. i liked the bit how you got unconsciisousdousoudoudns by a hard boiled lolly! you were probably too busy checking santa out that you didnt realise the lolly coming straight toward you. haha
but any ways, very funny!
whitney

Simone Triffitt said...

Looks like you were pretty outdone by little O. You might have to wrap a few for yourself next yr just to catch up to him in the line game.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou People Blogger, for reminding us all of what is most important in life- getting the most presents!